Catastrophic structural failures can spell doom when you are off-roading in remote locations. An on-board welding kit is cheap insurance to get you back on the trail towards home.
Trail Weld is a portable welding kit, containing cables to connect two or three 12-volt car batteries in series, which will allow you to make welding repairs from anywhere. The video below demonstrates how it works.
The $225 basic kit includes:
- Welding lead- 12 ft of Temco 4g welding wire with Rod Clamp
- Ground Lead- 12 ft of Temco 4 g welding wire with Ground Clamp
- (2) 1 ft battery leads to connect batteries in series
- (6) premium crimp style battery terminals
- 7018 ¼ rod
- Rod Container
- Auto Dim compact welding goggles
- Carrying bag/ Battery Cover
Additional kits include an ammo box or pelican carry case.
You’ll need to pack proper welding gear that includes gloves, wire brush, and welding hammer. Don’t wait for an emergency situation before learning how to weld. Read ourwelding guide and practice at home or in your workshop before hitting the trail.
Leave a Reply